You will need:
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 3.4 oz box instant vanilla pudding
1 c (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 + 1/3 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar, packed
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3 XL or jumbo eggs (yes, get the big ones)
1. Mix all the dry ingredients (first 4 listed) in a bowl and set aside.
2. Cream the butter in a stand mixer til it begins to lighten and get fluffy.
3. Add in sugar and mix well. Repeat with brown sugar and vanilla.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
5. Gradually beat in dry mixture and blend well.
At this point it's time to add your goodies. You'll notice I put no amounts for chocolate chips or nuts. It is my firm belief that you cannot put a number to describe the proper amount of chocolate chips. I believe that you should never have a bite of cookie without chocolate in it. Therefore, put in as many or as few chips and nuts as you like!!
The cookies should be pulled from the oven when the edges are lightly browned and the middle still looks undercooked. Let the cookies sit on the sheet for another 3 mins to allow for carry over cooking, then move them to wax paper to finish cooling. Be sure to scrape the crumbs off the sheet between cookie applications.
Store in an airtight container with wax paper between the layers of cookies to prevent them from sticking together. They can then be frozen - if they last that long. ;-)
The Jolly Cook